Posts Tagged ‘halloween’
It is that time of year and vampires and werewolves are waiting for their night out. Vampires and romance are so in vogue now thanks to Twilight and True Blood. If you love the idea of romance with a tinge of the supernatural and get really excited about the colors of All Hallows Eve, you should start planning a Halloween wedding. You could do a lot of really fun things with this theme.
Halloween weddings are hard to resist. There is all the fun of a party in-built into the theme and there is so much room for imagination and creativity. Halloween is a day that adults, as much as kids, like to let down their hair and party and, if that is the kind of fun vibe you want for your wedding, there is no better theme really. Especially if you are planning an October wedding or a fall wedding, the Halloween theme will make it a truly memorable occasion!
* Pick a venue at a historical site that has an old feel which will give the ambiance you need to create your “haunted” theme.
* If you’ll have children in attendance, consider having a little trick-or treat activity (maybe a cauldron of candy on each table that the kids might go to) and even a haunted house would be a great touch.
* If you are so inclined, consider asking guests to dress up for the occassion. You could do traditional costumes, or make it a masquerade ball if you want guests to dress more formally.
* Decorations: tombstones, cobwebs, smoke machines, candles, pumpkins, fall-related produce, hanging ghosts, coffins, candy corn, and other cool stuff you can find at a party store.
* Music: Cajun themed band or New Orleans jazz, blues band, Halloween inspired music (including the all-time favorite “Thriller”)
* Dessert: pumpkin pie, caramel apples, candy, cupcakes
* Drinks: apple cider, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin ale. Add an extra touch by serving drinks in mason jars.
* Wedding favors: mini-pumpkins, voodoo dolls, Halloween themed candy
* Centerpieces: use pumpkins, candy corn, candles