Plan Your Party
Whether for a gathering of friends or a more formal affair, Superb Cuisines will make your occasion spectacular!
With our expertise in event planning in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, our team of experienced professionals is ready to work with you on a memorable event. No matter how detailed, we will be with you throughout every step of the planning process.
Things to Consider Before You Start … details, details, details
According to Oprah Winfrey, “The love is in the details”. Sometimes it’s the little things that can get in the way of planning an exceptional event. Before you request a proposal, consider the following:
- Determine your budget
- Make the guest list – this will help estimate how many guests to expect
- Pick a location-visit our event sites list for suggestions
- Set the date and time of the event
- Seated Meal – works well at formal events such as weddings, galas, or where a presentation will take place.
- Standing Reception – works well for events with limited space, a short event time or where you want to encourage mingling and networking-consider having your guests stand and place some cabaret tables around the room as places to rest drinks.
- Partial Seating – works well when your guest list includes a mixed age group or may extend for a length of time.
Bar Features & Beverages
Superb Cuisines can accommodate all of your bar needs including specialty drinks, soft beverages, mixers, bar fruit and coffee service. Weather you are looking for a champagne brunch or a full premium bar, Superb Cuisines will work with you to fit your theme and budget.
Bar pricing is an estimate. Anything that is not consumed, iced or opened can be returned for a credit post-event. Please discuss your expectations in detail with your Superb Cuisines wedding consultant.
- Dry Bar – if you have a budget-conscious event, eliminating alcohol completely will help with the expenses. To add options, consider a specialty non-alcoholic drink, such as hibiscus and ginger iced tea.
- Beer and Wine – variety is the spice of life . . . except when you’re waiting in line at the bar. Offering beer and wine as the only alcoholic options is cost-effective and keeps the bar line moving forward so that guests have more time to enjoy your event!
- Full Bar- a special day deserves the best. Events with large crowds or gatherings for an exceptional occasion may call for a bar with full options for mixed drinks. Please let your Account Executive know if you would like to serve specialty drinks such as appletinis or mojitos as they require additional mixers.
Food Presentation and Serving Methods
There is a variety of food presentation and serving methods to choose from. It is also very important to discuss any food allergies or dietary restrictions with your Account Executive.
- Passed hors d’oeuvres- this option works for any event. Either as a pre-dinner appetizer or as the sole service of the party, they are easy to hold in your hand, offer variety to the menu and are easy to serve. However, keep in mind that it takes wait staff to pass the hors d’oeuvres, which may increase your personnel estimate.
- Stationary hors d’oeuvres – work well for open houses, auctions, or receptions where guests arrive intermittently or move around within the event area.
- Buffet – a popular service choice and familiar to everyone. This option helps keep personnel costs in line and is a good venue for offering a variety of menu choices.
- Seated Meal- there are two options for seated meals: plated or French service. At a plated meal, our tuxedoed waiters serve plated courses to individual diners. With French service (also known as Russian service), our waiters serve an entire table from one beautifully presented silver platter.
Suggestions and Guidelines
At Superb Cuisines we understand the importance of flawless execution of your event and prompt, professional service. We will take care of all the details during your special day so that you don’t have to worry about a thing. Please talk to your wedding consultant regarding a desired staffing level for your wedding reception.
Equipment includes items such as tables, chairs, bar and dinner glassware, china, serviceware, coffee service, bar service, etc.
There are several options to consider when it comes to choosing equipment for your wedding- full seating/partial seating, buffet/plated, standard equipment/premium equipment, etc. At Superb Cuisines Catering by Keula Binelly, your wedding consultant will guide you in choosing what is best for your wedding and budget.
The options are endless when it comes to linens for your wedding. From Satin, organza and silk to taffeta and twill, we will help you select the best option to accommodate your tastes, desires and budget.
Speak with your Superb Cuisines Catering by Keula Binelly consult to discuss your options for the seating tables, cocktail tables, buffets, bars, service tables, cake table, gift table, guest book table and escort card tables.
Kosher, Vegan and organic menus are available.